Friday 13 September 2013

Election

The rub was its unsolvable nature. Unchangeable form. It exists as the sharp grip on the bladed handle of the proverbial double edged sword. The majority rules. The consensus reached- the truth defined by the clouded eyes, the fogged many or as the result does sho, the truth now defined, the knowledgable population, the right, the absurd.
I live here. I breathe. I read. I see. I show. I feel.                 I contain myself.

Democracy in action, they say.
They - the educated elite. The overthinking few, the current affairs drowned, newspaper reading, glasses wearing, nose turning, squinty number.
Right. Not good, not safe, not necessary, not better, not helpful, not beneficial, not unsure, and no indifferent. Those with right on their side and intelligent economic spending and strong education/healthcare platfroms running through their heads. Those that post memes of Tony Abbott next to golem and book flights to Canada. Bigger picture people. Australia has spoken. The truth is now loud and newspapers will line the streets with moustaches drawn on our country's leaders. We complain, we drink, we move, we run. Run from productive thinking and future planning. We grip the past and put our thumbs out using the phrase "Wasn't me".
Well Australia, it was you. Maybe not you, not me. but the collective us decisded. Now is the time to think antera, lasso the future we want. Enough of us do, we might be able to drag Australia in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment