Thursday 27 February 2014

I think I like you

You were carrying my heart at a distance like you didn't know what to do with it.
Would it stain your shirt?
Would it hurt?
You can see the answer now- trust your senses.

We fit - like hands clasped on cold mornings
or old couples snoring
Or jeans stretched and shrunk into the shape of your ass.

Ask me - I'll speak truth
For I'm convinced you could steal it from my mouth,
swallow it with a kiss
and heal my scars

Words aren't necessary,
just read my body - my forehead against yours,
my body tescelated to your curves.

In uncomfortable comforting crazy embraces
In upside-down spoons and long lazy conversations
Take me
I'll run with you,
I'll chase the days you've seized and the hopes you have.

I'll fill your self with self esteem,
you will fill mine with safety.

Before you leave
like me,
say it - tell me in more than bedroom eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment